Fatherhood Ohio encourages community mobilization and the establishment of Fatherhood Institutes to provide father-focused services.
Mobilize community leadership
To coordinate enhanced fatherhood solutions.
Provide fatherhood advocacy leadership
Building public awareness about the importance of the father’s role in healthy child development and the sharing of best practices.
Raise and steward funds
Engage private donors to support faith based solutions to the father absence epidemic.
Enhance outcomes for fathers and their children.
What We've Achieved
- Mobilized community constituencies to create Fatherhood Institute
- Five graduates from 1st cohort.
- Six months after graduation:
- 100% are experiencing increased engagement with children
- 80% retained employment
- Taking applications for second cohort
- Montgomery County (Dayton)
- Infrastructure in place
- Taking applications for 1st cohort
- Exploring creation of Fatherhood Institute - Columbus
- Target 1st cohort in Spring 2018