Why We Do
Fatherhood engagement is an epidemic in the United States.
- 1 out of every 3 children is born into a father absent home
- Ohio has the 11th highest percentage of single parent families (39%)
- 72% of all African-American families
- 71% of pregnant teenagers lack a father at home
- Youth suicide rate is 5x the national average in fatherless homes
Reducing any of these statistics by some margin will yield tremendous impact on our community, both socially and economically. A mere 2% improvement across all statistics directly affected by fatherhood absence will save Ohio $220MM per year.